Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving

In order to prepare for the big Thanksgiving feast we have been working out hard all week long so we don't feel guilty eating the big meal. Thanksgiving morning we got up and Aaron made delicious pumpkin pancakes! My dad came to our house for Thanksgiving this year and we enjoyed having him. He came in Wednesday night so he too was able to enjoy the wonderful breakfast Aaron prepared. We watched Fred Claus as we started the rolls, pies and prepped the turkey. Once we put the turkey in the oven, Aaron and I went for a mountain bike ride.
Here I am towards the beginning of the trail.

We had the opportunity to ride through the wind and rain. It was actually pretty nice because I was getting hot on the ride and it added a different challenge to the ride.
Here I am coming through the half-pipe. This is one of my favorite parts of the ride. It is a lot of fun!
Here I am after I finished a long climb. Aaron was taking pictures of me this time so there are a lot of me on this ride.
Here I am heading down a long and rocky descent. It doesn't even show how much further the descent goes beyond the photo. I was a little nervous because I had never made it down this hill before, but I did it!
Do you like my intensity climbing this hill.

Aaron and I at the end of the ride! We were very hungry and ready to eat our Thanksgiving feast!

The view of Mt. Lemmon while we were driving home. It was absolutely beautiful!

Our beautiful Thanksgiving turkey! (This was store bought, not one I raised) It finished just as we walked in the door from our ride.
Aaron made the best rolls ever using my grandmother's roll recipe. Don't they look tasty!!!

My dad and Precious before the big meal. Precious was crazy trying to get food during Thanksgiving. She usually isn't like that, but she knew it was a special day.

Aaron and I with Precious in front of our delicious meal. Armstrong wasn't cooperating for the photo.

The dogs were very excited to get there Thanksgiving feast too! Look at those nice sits!

Armstrong licked his plate clean!

Precious really enjoyed here much anticipated meal!

Our happy family in front of the fire! I sure am thankful for my wonderful family!
Armstrong relaxing by the fire. I love the yawn! I guess the tryptophan was kicking in.
Me and my little Precious!
It was sure nice having my dad visit! We really enjoyed his company and were very thankful he could spend Thanksgiving with us!!

I think this picture of Precious sums up what we all felt like doing after the fine feast! I really enjoy making Thanksgiving dinner and I really appreciated Aaron's help in preparing the meal with me. The food was amazing and it was the best Thanksgiving ever! We had a great Thanksgiving and are very thankful for everything and everyone we have in our lives! We hope you all had a great Thanksgiving too!

2 comments:

Michael said...

awesome thanksgiving! bummed you didn't eat your farm raised fresh turkey... oh well maybe next year.

Nonny said...

Your meal looks scrumptious! Glad your father was able to celebrate it with you! Don't blame you for not eating your own turkeys - we always formed attachments to our farm animals and it was difficult for us to consume them when we were children!