Thursday, November 20, 2008

Fantasy Island Bike Ride

Today I went into work early so I was able to get off around 3 today. When I got home we decided to go for a Mountain Bike ride. It was sooo much fun!!! We went to Fantasy Island. It is a few miles from our house. We had a great time. It started to get dark on us towards the end, but we made it out before it was too dark and enjoyed ourselves.
Here is a map of the trail system we did. This trail has a lot of twists, turns, ups and downs and is an all around great trail. I'm not a very experienced rider and I loved it!

Here's a picture of the trail. There was a lot of cactus and somehow I always end up in it. Luckily this time it was only my fingertip when my chain came off and I fell off my bike. Aaron was surprised at the rough terrain I was able to ride through. I took some downhills even faster than he did. Trust me, it's not due to skill. It was my ignorance of the trail and just trying to hang on and get through the tough parts. When it started to get dark it was surreal riding the trail because you couldn't really see the rocks, but your bike just went right over them.

Here is the Christmas Tree at the beginning of the Christmas Tree loop. There were old cars and different antiques along the trail for decorations. It was a great ride and we will definitely do it again!!!


5 comments:

ANDERSONS said...

How fun, I love bike riding its so much and I love to hike, to bad I am to lazy to do anything like that lately, cause the weather is perfect now.

Nonny said...

Neat. It looks like a fun way to keep in shape and explore!

John and Becky Bowler said...

I have never heard of Fantasy Island. It looks pretty cool. :)

Steven and Becky Trujillo said...

Looks like a pretty cool trail guys! I was telling Steven that if you guys keep this up I'll be no competition to you guys once we do a race together. Way to go!

Lisa said...

Wow...looks like fun....maybe. It looks really far!!