For Christmas this year Janae and I decided to make our dad a photo quilt. We have been working on this for a month and I finished it about 3 hours before our Christmas party with our dad. Here is the finished product. We were so excited about how it turned out. We did a John Deer theme in memory of his dad that passed away at the beginning of the year.
Here is Aaron enjoying the cozy quilt. The backing is a very soft flannel. Now I need to make Aaron a nice cozy blanket. Aaron is so great. I was in a hurry to finish the quilt for my dad's party and Aaron came in and helped me tie it. I really have the world's best husband!
Here is my dad opening his gift.
He really loved it. He just kept telling me and Janae how great of a gift it was. Everyone was saying Janae and I are in the wrong business and that we should be making quilts. I like to do them every once in awhile. I don't think I could do it all the time. He was so excited about his quilt that he took it to Iowa with him yesterday to show it to my grandma. I am so glad that he liked his gift. It was a lot of work, but well worth it. I am going to do something similar for Aaron's mom. I just got the fabric in the mail the other day so that is my next project. I hope she likes hers too.
Wednesday, December 26, 2007
Dad's Quilt
Posted by AT at 7:51 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
wow... very impressive... Hunter really likes tractors too.
It looks great. What a wonderful handmade keepsake!
Post a Comment