So Linda and I went to our last tree skirt class on Monday. Nobody was able to finish their tree skirt by the end of class. This has become quite the project, much more than I thought it would be. By the end of class I finished the top part of the skirt. It took FOREVER to square all of the pieces but sewing them together went quickly. Then I added the border. Now I get to do the fun part. I have to put the top, batting and back together. I pin the 3 layers together and then machine quilt it. Then I cut a hole in the center and a line from the side to the opening. After this is done I go into the shop to learn how to make my own binding that you then hand stitch. Once this is done the tree skirt is finally complete. I have a long road ahead of me to finish this. I hope I can finish it by Christmas
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
Tree Skirt Update
Posted by AT at 9:49 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow Andrea, that is looking BEAUTIFULL!!!
-becky
WOW! I must say that you are WAY more talented than I am! Have fun with it!
Post a Comment