Linda and I went to a quilting class yesterday at the Quilting Store in Pinetop. We are learning how to make a Log Cabin Christmas Tree Skirt. I had my 4 red and white squares down after 6 hours of class yesterday. Here is one of them.
We have to have all of our blocks done by our next class that is in 2 weeks. We will then piece them together and quilt it. This is what I have done so far. I still have to do my 4 corner blocks.
This is what the tree skirt should look like when I am all done. It looked a lot smaller in the window of the quilting store. When I saw it hanging on the wall I was very intimidated at the start of class. It looked so difficult hanging there on the wall. The toughest part was cutting all the strips of material. Once the teacher explained how to do the pattern and I did a couple of logs, it made a lot more sense and I realized it looked harder than it actually was. I can't wait to have it finished. Aaron says I am making a family heirloom and it is really a piece of art. I really enjoyed the class and excited to learn more about quilting. Aaron actually bought me a quilting magazine tonight at the store so I could learn other patterns. He is the best!
Tuesday, November 6, 2007
Log Cabin Christmas Tree Skirt
Posted by AT at 8:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Wow! I am impressed. Linda was telling me you guys were doing a class together. I would love to learn some quilting tips from you guys some time. Maybe Christmas time.
-Becky
nice work there Andrea... too bad Sarah hates sewing or you guys could get together and do that when we visit, but she doesn't like to at all.
Maybe you can make us an heirloom as well! you could quilt Hunter a blanket....
You have done a great job! I am impressed that you have completed so much of it already. My Mom told me you were way ahead of her. Looks like a lot of work that will pay off in the end!!
Wow, glad I opted out, there is no way I could have ever done that. It will really be a great keepsake for your family. I also love your table center piece!
My sister and I made the table center piece a couple of weeks ago. We've ended up doing some sort of craft project every week for the last 2 months. It's been a lot of fun.
Andrea I didn't know you were so crafy! I'm truly inspired, and its amazing how fast you did it. Kuddos, you'll love taking it out this Christmas.
Post a Comment