Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Our Life in Tucson

Well, we have been busy transitioning to our new life in Tucson. It has been so crazy the last couple of weeks that I haven't had a chance to blog or even take pictures of what has been going on. We moved to Tucson on October 5th, the day after Aaron's big race. We had the mover's come that Friday and pack the house, Saturday was Aaron's race and I stayed at the house while they loaded the moving truck and Sunday we woke up at 3am to drive to Tucson to have our stuff delivered on Sunday morning. The movers were amazing and packed up everything and unpacked a lot of things for us. I don't know what I would have done without them. I tell ya that is the only way to move! My sweet husband and my mom, step dad and brothers came over Sunday to help unpack us and we got our room situated and the kitchen unpacked. I have the world's best husband because he was willing to help get things put in order after a grueling 9 hour 20 minute mountain bike race in the rain and cold and then waking up at 3 am to drive 4 hours to Tucson. He is so wonderful. He just wanted to make sure I had things in order so I could be ready for work the next day. I started my new job on Monday the 6th of October and I have been really enjoying it. I am in training right now and learning so much about Raytheon. I love this company and feel so lucky to have my new job. I love meeting with the different managers and one manager I met with today said that he tried to get me in his group, but I was in such high demand from other groups that they wouldn't let him. I sure feel valued and appreciated by Raytheon and I love all of my new coworkers. They are all very helpful and informative. I have been given a lot of information over the last week, but it is now starting to come together and make more sense. I am just so excited about my job!

Aaron has been wonderful getting the house put together while I am at work. He got the garage finished yesterday and it looks great! We just have a little bit left to organize and we have been working on it in the evenings. I just can't wait to get the boxes out of the house. The dogs love their new house. They love the back yard because it has a water fall they like to play on. Aaron also built the rabbits a new house and they love it. They are always playing in their new cage and seem very happy with their new home. I love our location. We are close to this great park with an outdoor pool, dog park and racquetball courts, a mall is 4 miles away, Joann's and Michael's are 2 miles away and there is a pet store down the street. I am in heaven! It is nice to have some more stores to shop at besides the Kmart and Walmart in Show Low. I do miss the trees, but I am really enjoying Tucson so far!

Here are some pictures of the first day in our new home.Me heading out for my first day of work at 6am. I am excited, but a little tired.

Here is our little stow-away from the mountains. He was hiding in Aaron's toolbox and driving Armstrong crazy. Armstrong sniffed him out and we couldn't figure out why he was so fascinated with the toolbox. We opened the drawers and didn't see anything, then Aaron checked later in the day since Armstrong was still sitting by the toolbox and out jumped this little guy. He now lives in the waterfall/pond in the backyard. If anyone is ever in Tucson drop us a line. We would love to see you!

4 comments:

ANDERSONS said...

Thats awesome you are in Tucson and that you get to be closer to your family. You will need to put more pictures of your house up.

Nonny said...

Your place is wonderful! Great view from the back yard. The bunnies sure seemed happy with their new surroundings and so did Precious and Armstrong! Thanks for the hospitality over the weekend!It was quite the event!!

John and Becky Bowler said...

How exciting to be back in Tucson. :)

Liz said...

That awesome that you guys are having such a nice transition with work and the move. Who's ending up taking over the farm in Show Low?
That's unbelieveable a toad made its way all the way from the mountains in a tool box. he's probably wondering what's going on. A water feature is just perfect for the little guy. It's as if he knew he would be getting his little place.