Thursday, September 25, 2008

Memories

I have been cleaning out things to get ready for the move next week and I uncovered some unlabeled cds that had photos on them that I thought I had lost. They are actually from our move 3 years ago from New Hampshire to Arizona.
Aaron harvesting some vegetables from our garden prior to the move.
Me in our garden. I loved the lot our home was on.
Armstrong had never been away from home before for longer than a day trip and could not go to the bathroom regularly. He would hold it until he couldn't any more. Our solution to avoid accidents in the car was to put him in pullups. They sure did their job!
Armstrong was very excited to travel with Aunt Janae who made part of the trek with us.
Look at that excited boy.

Our two babies buckled up and ready to go.
We first stopped in DC and here is Aaron with Precious & Armstrong at Mt. Vernon.
Aaron & Precious
Washington's grave.
The White House. Our dogs were little celebrities in DC. They had on patriotic bandannas and a lot of Asian tourists stopped to take pictures with them.

I used to do the accounting for Piggly Wiggly. Had to get a shot in front of one of the stores.
We visited plantations in the South. This was the drive that inspired Gone With the Wind.d
The homes were gorgeous in Charleston
I loved all of the architecture. Charleston is an amazing town.
Aaron in a pirate dungeon in Charleston.

We toured this gorgeous mansion in Asheville, NC. This home was enormous.
Aaron in Mammoth caves in Kentucky.
Shot from inside Mammoth.
At a civil war site in Tennessee
Aaron at a civil war site fence in Tennessee.



My favorite . . . Graceland!!!! Aaron got me a VIP pass to tour the home of the king faster since one of us had to stay with the dogs and I LOVED IT!!!!! One of the best experiences of my life!
A room in Elvis's home. It is left the way he left it when he died with some remodeling in exterior buildings to showcase his many awards and outfits. I found the home fascinating.
Resting place of the king. I didn't know he was buried at his house and was caught off guard at the end of the tour when they announced his grave.
Aaron in front of Elvis's plane.

Me in front of Elvis's favorite car.



We also had a chance to visit some of the homes Aaron lived in as a kid. This was his home in North Carolina.
It was great to see where Aaron grew up.
Aaron's school in Ohio.
His old playground.

His home in Ohio. I loved seeing the places that Aaron grew up.




We went back to New Hampshire after flooding damaged our little town to check on our house. This is where the river took out the road.
Charming Hinsdale, New Hampshire.
This was the river a couple of days after they let people back in to the town.
I love New England in the Fall. The colors are so pretty.
They had National Guard there to protect people from the water. I am so glad I found these pictures. I wonder what else I will come across as I declutter before the move.




3 comments:

Nonny said...

Very nice, Andrea. You look so young and carefree - loved your hairstyle!! Aaron, that is some cucumber!!

sarah said...

That was a fun trip down your memory lane. Aren't you glad you found those pictures! Everything back east is so neat.

Lisa said...

That is super cool!! Love seeing the old houses!!