Friday, December 12, 2008

A day at the office...

OK so I found my new favorite trail this is the combo of the Molino Basin and a portion of the Bug Springs trail connection through the Gordon Hirabayashi campground (a neat place that was a prison camp and held displaced Japanese-Americans during WWII. Gordon Hirabayashi challenged the legality of the internment and he is honored here-the foundations of the buildings are still visible) This trail is aprox 4.5 miles and climbs ~1,200 feet in elevation. It is quite technical but very fun.


I call this post "a day at the office" because since things have been so slow and this week I was a little depressed about my latest deal falling apart I decided to spend more time riding...on this day however I did have some pending business so I sat on top of this trail and returned some phone calls and checked emails on my phone...it was a great place to work I spent nearly an hour up there.


And here is the scene on the way down...best of all the trail is only 12 miles from our front door.



4 comments:

Andrea said...

I wish I had views like that from my office!

Lisa said...

Love the view!! Great way to document your day. Do you ride your bike there or drive and then ride?

sarah said...

What a great place to work!

Nonny said...

Interesting info about the trail. Beautiful pictures! What freedoms you have to pursue business, yet enjoy life at its finest!!