Okay, so now I have an addiction to the local feed store. They know us now. Last week I went in to get some new feeders for the baby chicks and turkeys and they had some baby bunnies. I wanted a long eared rabbit and they had these really soft and cute rabbits called lion heads so I had to get them both.Here is Flopsy and Nala. Flopsy is the white and orange long eared rabbit. I named her after the Beatrix Potter rabbit. Nala will look like a little lion with her mane as she gets bigger so I named her after the Lion King. They are such cuties!
Flopsy will get to be fairly big and she is supposed to be very active. Right now she is more timid than Nala and when you hold her she just lays in your lap. She is a sweetie.
Nala is our curious bunny. She always wants to check everything out and is always on the go. She is supposed to be the mild one, but we will see what happens. She is very soft and cuddly.
I also bought some more chickens the other day. They are supposed to be really good layers and lay the brown eggs. I bought 8, like I said I have an addiction. We now have 2 Americaunas, 2 Rhode Island Reds, 2 Black Giants and I can't remember the name of the other 2 black ones. But they have a white dot on their head and are really cute.
Here I am with the newest additions. I talked to my brother Kevin yesterday and he asked me how many chickens I now have. We now have 5 from Michael, 6 from the first batch and 8 from the newest batch. That makes 19 chickens! We also have 2 turkeys, 2 bunnies and 2 dogs. We are getting quite the farm now. I really like having all of the animals around and they are all different and unique. Luckily I have a husband that lets me get them and thinks they are great too!
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
New Additions
Posted by AT at 9:04 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
How blessed these animals are to be with you guys!
your bunnies are so cute!!!! I love the pictures in the basket. Hunter is going to love coming and visiting the farm and all the animals.
Post a Comment