Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Hard Part of Farm Animal Ownership

This morning we woke up to something unpleasant. I went out to check on all the babies and our smallest turkey didn't make it. I was very upset and couldn't help but cry. I felt stupid because I've only had the turkeys for a few weeks. The little one was so friendly. She would come and jump out of the cage and into your hands. I felt so bad she didn't make it. We really don't know what happened. She was quite a bit smaller than the other turkey and the runt of the batch. She wasn't growing at the same rate and I guess she lasted as long as she could. I will miss the little girl. Here are some pictures of her at happier times.



Hopefully the rest will do better and I'm glad I had the little turkey for the amount of time I did.

2 comments:

Nonny said...

That is so unfortunate! It is so weird how we can get so attached in such a short time! What a positive attitude you have!!

Liz said...

wow, have you been busy, chickens, bunnies, turkeys!
I'm sorry to hear about the little one.