Thursday, October 22, 2009

First Harvest

We planted our "Winter Veggies" in late september and we had our first harvest last weekend, the ratishes really did well and they we very good.

Our "Winter" garden consist of cold weather veggies which include Spinich, Lettuce (romain and grazing mix), Kale, Cabbage and herbs like dill and cilantro. We also planted some faster growing veggies like the radishes and green beans so we could get a harvest in before our first frost which won't happen till december.




4 comments:

Nonny said...

Your radishes look super nice! Congrats on the super harvest! Reminds me of the good old days!!

Lisa said...

Very cool! I wonder if we can do a winter garden here?? It probably gets too cold.

Michael said...

wow! I barely got a tomato plant in. :(

Steven and Becky Trujillo said...

Wow, you were able to grow a garden in Tuscon. I'm impressed! You must have the green thumb!