Thursday, April 30, 2009

Andrea's first ride on Mount Lemmon

Andrea is quite the little mountian biker now, last week I said, let cruise up to mount lemmon and do Molino Basin and Bug Springs trail (these are some of the harder trails in the area) . To my suprise she said sure. So here I think well "she will have a nice hike..." but everytime I looked back she was going strong...here she is coming back down.

The trail is very narrow and has a series of 5-10 switchbacks...here she is traversing some of them.

As you can kind of see from the pic this trail starts at the bottom of the canyon at Molino Basin campground then goes through Prison Camp then up to Bugs Spring Trial.

You can see this is quite the climb Prison Camp is between the road (Catalina Highway) and the horizon in this pic...good job sweetie...

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Thanks honey! You are so sweet and I had a great time riding with you!!!

Nonny said...

Very nicely done! Great way to stay in shape and have fun too!

Len and Sue said...

Those who ride together...get to eat what ever they want together!! Yummm!

John and Becky Bowler said...

That looks like a ton of fun. We should go riding sometime. I just got a mountain bike a couple months ago. :)